BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 14, 2010

Synopsis of Chapter 2 and 3

Chapter 2:

I had no idea that advertisers put so much thought into how the consumer feels about there product. No, wait. I take that back. I knew that they wanted us to have a connection with the product, but it never occurred to me that the reason I feel so attached to coke has been discussed in a board room. What I mean by this: men and women have sat around in meetings at their big business location in order to discuss what type of marketing avenues will better and more efficiently make me, the consumer, have an emotional connection to their product. In doing so, I will be more likely to stay loyal and consistent in the products that I choose to consume.

There is not telling what the future will hold for us, especially regarding the consumption of commercials and advertisement. We can now choose when, where, and how often we see and consume advertisement (although limited right now); where in the past, there was no way to fast forward through the television commercials. You had to sit and watch them. Flipping to another channel was not always successful seeing as how there were only three channels available (broadcasting networks). This being said, advertisers cannot invade our homes anymore. With the advancement of technology, we have to option to "fast forward" by the use of DVRs and TiVo.

Chapter 3:

0 comments: